World Vasectomy Day
World Vasectomy Day is the global day to raise awareness of vasectomy as a permanent method of contraception. In a change to previous years, World Vasectomy Day 2016 will take place on Friday 18th November.
Vasectomy is one of the safest and most effective methods of contraception available. A no-scalpel technique pioneered by Marie Stopes Nepal has reduced the procedure time below 15 minutes, with recovery within one or two days.
As in previous years, a number of country programmes are planning events and activities to promote the benefits of vasectomy to male clients and their partners.The organisation will be promoting important facts about vasectomy, including:
- Vasectomy is more than 99% effective.
- A safe, no-scalpel technique means there is no longer any need for stitches.
- You can start having sex as soon as it feels comfortable.
- The procedure is over in less than 15 minutes and you can be back at work in one or two days.
- Having a vasectomy does not affect your hormones, erection or orgasm.
- It is the safest permanent contraception method on earth.